Tuesday 3 June 2014

Cauliflower and Celery Salad

I tried to get on the raw food band wagon a few years ago, I really did! My cookbook shelves can prove it. I must have half a dozen of them. Every time I see a new one, I think this one is going to be different. This one will inspire me to go raw…Who am I kidding! There is no way I can go totally raw. I love pizza too much!!! Hahaha!!

But I do love raw salads. Especially crunchy ones like this one. Soooo good! I never thought to make a raw cauliflower salad until I saw this on "Alexandra Cooks" and came up with my own version. Thinly sliced cauliflower and celery, (I used my trusty $10 mandolin  but you can use a food processor or a sharp knife), pumpkin and sesame seeds, feta cheese, lightly dressed with lemon juice and olive oil. This salad really keeps well for a few days in the refrigerator. I had it for lunch the next couple of days.


Cauliflower and Celery Salad

1 medium cauliflower, thinly sliced
4-5 celery stalks, thinly sliced
4-5 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup sesame seeds
6 dates, diced
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Juice of 2 lemons
1/2 cup cilantro or parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

In a large bowl make the dressing by combining the lemon juice, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the rest of the ingredients. Serve or refrigerate if serving later.



m xo

No comments :

Post a Comment