Thursday 1 May 2014

Just Another Quinoa Stir Fry

So, here's the thing. The beginning of the week I wanted to cook some quinoa for the broccoli muffins that I made, and as I  measured out the dry quinoa that the recipe called for, I noticed that there really wouldn't be much left in the bag, so I decided to cook the whole thing…well, boy, did it make a lot of quinoa!! And thank goodness we love quinoa because we have been eating it in different forms ALL week.

Tonight I made a broccoli stir fry. I love stir fries because you can basically throw in whatever odds and ends you have in the refrigerator. And this week was perfect because we are going away and I need to "clean" the refrigerator. I hate to throw anything away. I happen to have steamed broccoli and carrots. Again, I'm not giving you exact amounts here because it depends on what you have and how many people you are feeding.


Broccoli Quinoa Stir Fry

Oil
2-3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 red onion, chopped
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
Fresh ginger, minced
1-2 hot, red chili, minced
1-2 cups cooked quinoa
Broccoli, steamed
Carrots, sliced
2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
Sesame oil

Heat wok or pan over high heat. Add the eggs and cook until set but still moist. Remove from pan and set aside. Heat more oil in the wok and when hot and add the onion, garlic, ginger and chili's, if using. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the broccoli, carrots, quinoa and scrambled eggs and stir fry until everything is combined and warmed through. Drizzle on some soy sauce and and a few drops of sesame oil. Serve.


m xo




 

No comments :

Post a Comment