Wednesday 14 May 2014

Espresso Almond Cookies

I missed you. It's been awhile... This past week has been very hectic. I got back from NYC and a couple of days later it was my nieces, Ella and Emma's First Communion. It was a beautiful day and they looked even more beautiful. And then as soon as that was done, the very next day I got sick. Just a really bad cold but bad enough that I had to stay in bed for a couple days. But I'm much better now and ready to start blogging again. Yippee!!

Thank goodness I made these cookies the week before the communion and just stuck them in the freezer.  All I had to do was take them out the night before. I got this recipe from the blog, The Italian Dish and they have become  one of my go-to cookie recipes. It's SUPER easy. Right up my alley. They also happen to be gluten free.


Espresso Almond Cookies
(from The Italian Dish)

3 tablespoons espresso coffee
3 cups ground almonds
1 cup sugar
3 egg whites
A pinch of salt
Whole coffee beans for garnish

Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a bowl, mix together the ground almonds, coffee, sugar, egg whites and salt to form a paste.
Roll the mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on baking sheet. Top each ball with an espresso bean.
Bake the cookies for 15-20 minutes or until slightly firm to the touch and golden brown on the bottom.
Cool and store in an airtight container.


m xo



No comments :

Post a Comment