Thursday 17 April 2014

Soba Noodles with Peanut Sauce

I have been craving soba noodles with peanut sauce for a while now, ever since I went to the new, local health food store in my neighbourhood and bought the fresh peanut butter in the "peanut crusher" machine. I also bought organic cabbage that day. I don't why, I didn't have anything in mind to make with it but then I thought I'd make soba noodle/slaw salad with peanut sauce.

Soba noodles are usually made with buckwheat flour but I used a kamut and buckwheat combo.

Boy, was this ever good!! I couldn't stop eating it. Thank goodness it makes quite a bit because I had it for lunch the rest of the week. This dish would great for a picnic.


Soba Noodles with Peanut Sauce

Dressing

1/2 cup smooth, natural peanut butter
1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
1/3 cup warm water
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons sriracha
juice of a lime

8 oz soba noodles
1/2 green cabbage, thinly sliced
2 carrots, grated
1/4 cup chopped peanuts

Cook the soba noodles according to the directions on the box. Drain and rinse with cold water. Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing. Pour over the noodles, cabbage and carrots and stir until combined. Sprinkle with the chopped peanuts. Serve at room temperature or cold.

m xo

No comments :

Post a Comment